Be enchanted by Colombia and discover the country's highlights, all whilst staying in luxury boutique properties along the way. Brimming with culture, colonial charm and dramatic landscapes, this itinerary is a great introduction to Colombia.
Ten things you didn’t know about Colombia…
A holiday to Colombia has it all: white-powdered beaches, snow-capped mountains, charming colonial cities, Amazonian rainforest, seven UNESCO World Heritage sites, around 1,800 bird species, and quite possibly the best coffee in the world…so what are you waiting for? Colombia is full of surprises! So much so have a look at these 10 interesting facts we bet you didn’t know until now.
1. Colombia produces 60% of the world's most expensive Emeralds.
2. It is home to more than 1,800 species of bird, the highest diversity of birds in the world.
3. Colombia is the only country in South America that has access to both the Pacific and Caribbean ocean, meaning hundreds of pristine beaches to choose from.
4. Colombia is considered to be one of the most bio-diverse countries in the world; the Colombian territory consists of highlands as well as rainforests, tropical grasslands and gorgeous sand sprinkled coastlines!
5. Bogota, the capital city has been titled the third highest major city in the world.
6. Around 12% of the world's coffee is produced in Colombia.
7. Colombia is the 4th largest country in South America.
8. Colombia only has summer; because there is no winter near the equator, it has sunlight throughout the year.
9. Colombia is the second largest fresh cut flower exporter in the world.
10. The National Tree of Colombia is the Quindio Wax palm, the tallest palm tree in the world.